Friday, October 11, 2013

Ordinary Me

Happy FMF - Five Minute Friday!
                                                Five Minute Friday
Five minutes to flow freely. No bustin' a sweat, over-editing and over thinking it.  Just WRITE!  LisaJo came up with this cool concept and now we're a community of free-flowing writers doing our thing and sharing the love.  Write.  Link-up here and send some encouragement to the muse who linked before you.
  Today's prompt: Ordinary.



Just ordinary people,
God uses ordinary people.
He chooses people just like me and you,
who are willing to do as He commands.
God uses people that will give Him  all,
no matter how small your all may seem to you;
because little becomes much 
as you place it in the Master's hands.  

Songartist : Danniebelle Hall & Moms Winans


He used me,
but I didn’t care; I wasn’t even mad about it
once I understood that it really wasn’t about me…
I guess you could say
I asked for it –
I asked to be used.

“His Co2 levels have dropped.  He only has about an hour left.  You have to make a decision..."

My beautiful baby boy’s fragile life hung 
in the balance 
and in a moment of desperation,
I made a promise – 
I promised Him my very best.  
I promised Him my all.  
I promised whatever He asked of me, I would do it,
if He would just 
let my baby 
        live...


He used me.
Me.
Unexceptional-in-any-significant-way-always-thinking-of-the-worst-case-scenario-play-it-safe, ME.
Just ordinary people.

He used me,
one EXTRAORDINARY God,
to share a story,
for the manifestation of His glory!
And 
I’m
so glad
He

did.

1 comment:

Kendra Burrows said...

What a beautiful story, Dena! Thanks for sharing. Blessings.