Tuesday, January 7, 2014

31 Days of Restoration: LOVE

As a little girl, I remember the beautiful feeling of falling in love with ballet. Reminiscing back to a time when Mama and I would ride the el downtown to the tall, gold building on Michigan Ave. where I took ballet lessons every Saturday morning. At the tender age of six, I fell in love with the classical ballads, the thrill of fearlessly leaping through the air and the slow, steady ebb and flow of a waltz. It was magical! Ballet filled my soul…. After adolescence, I lost touch with ballet, and now, 30 years later, I’ve returned to love. Yes, love, for who could have known that ballet taught me so much about love, so much about God….

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable and keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice, but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance.” 

I Corinthians 13: 4-7


Falling in love with God is sorta like falling in love with ballet – it’s a dance. In the beginning, we take that fearless leap of faith and it’s thrilling and exciting until life happens; until we become dizzy from the spins and twirls. We begin to falter with the steps, a little less confidant of the dance. Somewhere along the way, we forget to feel the music; we forget to become one with His rhythm. We forget that He is grace and strength. We forget He is our partner, leading the dance.

PRAYER FOR RESTORATION: O Lover of my Soul, I long to have a closer walk (dance) with you. When I lose sight of you, restart the music. Order my steps that I may follow your lead. And restore me to fearless faith, that I may trust you in ALL things. Amen!

No comments: