Monday, January 14, 2013

The Name Above All Others


And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men.  I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.  But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen.  Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.  And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.  Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.”    
                                                            Matthew 6: 5-10

I only intended to whisper His name into the ebony night,
but the full force of His power sprang from my lips as I called His name –

FATHER!

That’s all.  Nothing else to say. 
I closed my eyes and sighed a heavy sigh and let myself go before Him.

He knows.
I know, that He knows.

Yet, the heaviness didn’t quickly subside; it just settled deeper into the crevices of my heart until I brought it up again with an anguished cry,

FATHER!!!

And the tears freely cascaded down my cheeks
and the tension released its grip on my body.
I felt His arms around me – strong, yet gentle; stoic, and ever so comforting.

As I settled into His embrace,
I inhaled the aroma of peace, healing and blessed assurance.

FATHER.

This time it is a whisper-
a soft, delicate whisper,
like a lullaby gently lulling me into sweet sleep.

2 comments:

Angel said...

Yes! God is our comfort and I love how you used the word "lullaby". I was thinking of that when I wrote my post and used that scripture about Him singing over us.

Thank you for your kind comment over at my place today. Blessings!

Bomi said...

Amen! This is very moving and very encouraging. Thank you for taking the time to share! God bless you, comfort you and strengthen you today and always... Amen. Much love to you & the family.
~ Bomi